Sunday 10 April 2011

Cannes Young Lions Competition

Earlier on my blog I mentioned that me and Jenny had entered the Cannes Young Lions competition. As a quick reminder, we were sent a brief on Friday evening a couple of weeks ago and had 48 hours to come up with a print campaign to raise awareness of the Unicef’s Inspired Gift scheme. Last week we found out we were shortlisted along with five others. (A huge achievement in itself.)
On Friday, I received a phone call at work off the Guardian to tell us WE'D ONLY GONE AND WON IT! WOOOO! Me and Jenny ran all the way out the building, past the carpark into the caretakers allotment just to scream our excitement! 


This means, come June this year, we will be representing the UK at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. We’ll get full entry to the festival and whilst we’re there we’ll be competing in a 24 hour competition against fellow winners from all over the world. I'm so unbelievably chuffed and it just goes to show that motivating my ass to work over that one weekend paid off. After much celebrating on Friday I woke up with a bubbly headache thinking it was just a dream but thankfully no. I'M A YOUNG LION BABY RAWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!! :D 


The article will be in the Guardian Monday (tomorrow) but you can read the details of winners HERE. Oh and here's our winning work. The amount of hassle we had to find the perfect shaped milk bottle on a sunday, well... :)

(Line reads: What do you buy the friend who has everything? Something for the child who has nothing.)










No comments:

Post a Comment