Wednesday 24 August 2011

Clearing out old memories


My parents are moving house this week :( so I went round yesterday to pick up a few bits and bobs. I discovered some interesting items on my travels, embarrassing photos of younger me, a mobile phone case with the word 'flirt' on it and more nostalgically, my old dolls house!

My parents hand built this for me for sixth Christmas. I was a bit shocked and the neglected state of it but I was even more shocked at the kind of dolls I used to play with! The grandma looks like an old man with a backwards dress and some long hair!!!? And that sorry looking baby. WTF?

I asked my mum why on earth she bought me these. Was it because we were mega poor or something? She said it was because they were the only dolls available at the time. Maaaaaannnnnn we were ghetto. I absolutely loved that dolls house at the time though, it had working lights and everything. I remember coming downstairs on xmas eve and asking my Dad what he was doing when he was gluing tiles to the roof haha!






 
















LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment