Thursday 6 October 2011

Here's to the crazy ones.

I am genuinely upset at the news of Steve Jobs' passing. Apple has been engrained into my life long before the new generations of iphones and ipads. Our first family computer was the Macintosh and I can even remember the old interface with the load up screen, blocky windows and plonky error sounds. Playing solitaire. And then came the iMac. Wow, that seemed revolutionary at the time. Hours were spent playing Bugdom. I bloody loved that game! And using Quark on the eMacs at college. And my dads first ipod where the menu buttons were separate from the click wheel. My pocket money couldn't keep up with the technology as I was still using my iMac with the swivel dome base at uni but now, typing this, every direction I look in the office I see Apple. And it is all thanks to one man. I wonder how the world of design would look without all Steve Jobs has done for us.

There are many people far more eloquent than me who can put this sadness into words so I will leave you with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment