Tuesday 29 March 2011

Monsieur Marmite

Last night myself, the copywriter I work with and my boyfriend decided to take part in the Vimeo Weekend Project. Task? To make a 1-3min cooking show. But with it being Monday already and the weekend technically over, we had until 4am to script, shoot, edit and upload a movie. Easy! Or so we thought. It never crossed my mind that my boyfriend would have trouble remembering lines or that my housemates would walk through every 5 minutes or that I'd be so terrible at pulling focus! Or that I'd piss myself laughing and ruin every take. Due to tiredness, hunger and sanity I had to stop being a perfectionist so that we could get it done. Gutted then when I woke up and the server said it had crashed as it was uploading. It never made the deadline but it taught me how NOT to make a movie. Enjoy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment