Monday 27 June 2011

Au Revoir Cannes

It's amazing how euphoric you can feel at 36,000 feet, above the clouds as if looking down from heaven. Despite being sat behind a screaming child on my flight back to Birmingham, I put my headphones in and had perfect time to reflect the past 9 days. I was glad to be going home but also sad to be leaving Cannes. If it's your first time there you almost need a week to learn how Cannes works. And then another week to do it all over again. I have learnt so much and enjoyed every second of it. Not to mention meeting some amazing people and hopefully new friends. I'm so grateful to have been given the opportunity to be at the creative centre of the universe for that one moment in time. Sir Ken Robinson made me fall in love with advertising again. Sarah Kay helped me remember what it was like to truly feel emotion. Patti Smith had me hanging on her every word and Sir John Hegarty brought it home how we should firmly be striving to be different. There is so much more to mention and on the plane I had it all written down. But sleep deprived and back to reality, it's hard for me to recreate that epiphany more than a day later in a blog post. I guess that's why I'm not the writer :) Cannes, I will miss you, I promise I will find a way to return next year! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment