Tuesday 16 November 2010

Today was awesome.

Today I went down to watch/help out at a photoshoot we are doing for a product brochure. Now that probably sounds quite dull to you but it really wasn't. There were some amazing set building guys who had came up from London assembling all these giant fake walls and ceilings that were painted to look like concrete and decayed metal and blimey, they were so realistic you wouldn't tell the difference in the picture. I was busy running/messing around, crawling along the roof and stuff, filming the set build and photoshoot and helping position walls, etc. I loved it! Also got free lunch, sausages and mash, LUVVLY JUBBLY!

It was just cool to meet interesting people though. One of the photographers shoots the covers for Volksworld and the set designers were telling me about the films they had worked on like 101 Dalmations and Made In Dagenham. ANDDDD....I got talking to one of the set designers who is from New Zealand about old school skateboarding and it turns out he's met my all time legend, Mark Gonzales in the flesh!!! JEALOUS. It didn't even feel like I was working just chatting about skateboarding in the 80s, Vision and Bones Brigade. Apparently this was this shizz back in the day: Rodney Mullen in Future Primitive

No comments:

Post a Comment